- Location: Various
- Closing date: Tuesday, 31 December, 2019 - 09:00
We hold an extensive programme of sports events across the UK to raise money for the fight against blood cancer – from the London Landmarks Half Marathon to the Bloodwise Blenheim Palace Triathlon - and we're looking for volunteers to get involved in all sorts of ways.
- General volunteer – We have post-race receptions at a lot of our events where we meet our participants to congratulate them and provide refreshments. Before they arrive it’s all hands-on deck and we need help getting everything ready and ensuring it all runs smoothly throughout the day. It’s a great chance to congratulate our supporters after they’ve completed their challenge.
- Meet and Greet – The finishing line at an event can be very busy so we need volunteers to meet our supporters and guide them to our post-race reception
- Cheer points – Our cheer points are dotted along event routes and give a much-needed boost to runners, cyclists and triathletes. Each cheer point is armed with noise-makers to keep our participants going.
- Photographers – We need photographers to take photos of our amazing participants for them and future marketing.
- Masseuses – After an event our participants are often in need of a sports massage, if you are a qualified masseuse then please get in touch.
- Bucket collections – We hold bucket collections at the Great North Run at the charity village and at train stations around the country. This gives us a chance to raise awareness and funds at the same time!
What will I get out of it?
- Contribute to the fight against blood cancer
- Meet like-minded people
- Help your community
How much time do I need to give?
Any time you can give would be appreciated, whether you are able to contribute the occasional evening or weekend day or are looking to volunteer on a regular basis we would love to hear from you!Download job packApply for this job