Could your bakery or cupcake business help us beat blood cancer? Fundraising ideas for bakeries
Our Small Change, Big Impact weekend on 20th-21st September 2013, coincides with the end of national cupcake week, combining two awesome activities: baking cakes and fundraising to beat blood cancer.
In honour of this, many bakeries are electing to raise money for us that week. If you have a bakery or cake business we would love you to get involved! Here are some ways you could help:
- Introduce a special red charity cake for the week and donate the proceeds
- Hold a cupcake decorating workshop, and donate the entrance fee
- A simple collecton bucket in your store can collect enough change to really make an impact. We can also provide wristbands or badges if you would like to sell these on your counter
- Have a 'guess the weight of the cake' competiton in your shop, encouraging customers to make a donation to take part and win the cake
- Have a themed day with staff fancy dress and themed cakes to raise money
- Bake sunflower cupcakes to celebrate the work of the Calendar Girls and make a donation for each one sold
- Attempt a world record - bake or ice the world's largest cake and encourage sponsorship or donations
- Hold a cupcake eating contest and charge an entry fee to cover the cost of the cakes and a donation
A big thank you to the bakeries around the country who have already decided to get involved. See if there's a bakery taking part near you on our Small Change, Big Impact page.
If you think your business could help us make small change have a big impact in September, we would love to hear from you! Please contact the relevant fundraising manager for your region for more ideas and help promoting your fundraising activities:
In Scotland: Contact Claire Larkin on 0131 557 6200, email email@example.com.
In the North of England: Contact Catronia Tait on 0191 282 1393, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Midlands: Contact Emma Jane Jones on 0121 415 8017, email email@example.com
In Wales: Contact Emma Boffey on 0131 524 1324, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the South West of England: Contact Stuart Lees ojn 0207 952 8743, email email@example.com
In the South East of England: Contact Sophie Loveday on 020 7504 2253, email firstname.lastname@example.org