Last Friday we came into the office in our favourite onesies to show our support for the Sunday Mail Centenary Fund's second Onesie Day to help us beat blood cancer.
Lots of staff got into the onesie spirit despite the heat with a red panda, fox and a zebra and batman himself amongst the costumes. Meet our onesie heroes:
1. Kung Fu Panda, AKA Lauren Dias our Research Manager
2. Tony the Tiger, AKA Abbi Davies our Content & Communications Officer
3. Cheeky Monkey, AKA Jon Hoggard our Patient Information Manager
"In the office dressed like a monkey for Sunday Mail Centenary Fund's Onesie Day, raising money to help beat blood cancer!"
4. Fantastic Miss Fox, AKA Ellie Dawes our Digital Engagement Manager
5. Zainy Zebra, AKA Claude Bindika our Digital Development Manager
6. Lonely Tiger, AKA Kimberley Pryor our Digital Production Manager
7. Batman, AKA Andy Jackson our Digital Engagement Officer
8. Easy Tiger! AKA Neil Hutchison & Elnaz Faghihi our Finance Assistant & Payment Officers
Special thanks must go to Rachel Newton, our Patient Information Administration Assistant, who baked a batch of gInger bread onesie men which we duly decorated in our own onesie designs for a small donation, helping us raise an additional £40.60 for the cause:
"@beatbloodcancer: Nothing makes you #feelalive quite like a gingerbread version of yourself. #onesieselfie"
9. Great Guerilla, AKA Hodgkin lymphoma patient Shiv Meaker
".@beatbloodcancer @mrhappyontherun did someone say it was wear a onesie day? #FeelAliveFriday #theladyofmanyfaces"
10. Ghostbuster, AKA chronic myeloid leukaemia patient Katie Ruane
Onesie Day is now over but you can still show your support by texting SMCF14£1 to 70070 to make a £1 donation to help beat blood cancer. Send us your #onesieselfies, too, and we'll add them to the blog.