- Location: Holborn
- Type of role: Permanent
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Closing date: Monday, 7 May, 2018 - 23:59
Bloodwise is going through an exciting period of change with a new CEO, Director of Fundraising and Marketing and other senior and Board-level appointments. As we refocus our vision and develop and implement a new strategy, we have a real opportunity to increase income from high-level supporters.
We have a long and successful history as a research funder, having funded a number of critical research breakthroughs over six decades. The rate of scientific discovery is speeding up, the prospect of new and kinder cures is closer than ever, and yet at the same time the incidence of blood cancer is on the rise. We are also the only organisation to provide high quality information and support services specific to those affected by the full breadth of blood cancers – something which can transform the devastating impact of the disease on patients and their families.
We have an emotive and compelling case for support, a small but engaged pool of major donors, and an established special events programme. With the right leadership the impact of this team could be pivotal in helping us to finally beat blood cancer. Some of the key deliverables are listed below:
- Developing and implementing the strategy for Philanthropy & Special Events.
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of key supporters capable of making transformative gifts to the Charity.
- Developing a robust prospect pipeline, making use of existing networks and developing new ones where needed.
- Lead the team to develop and maintain the Patrons’ Network, ensuring regular engagement opportunities are offered to targeted prospective and existing high net worth individuals.
- Build strong relationships with our research community and strategic partners, identifying and developing opportunities aligned to our organisational strategy and objectives.
- With support from your team and other key stakeholders in the organisation, plan and implement creative strategies to increase major philanthropic gifts.
- Support the CEO, Director of Fundraising and Marketing, Executive Team and Trustee Board to develop and cultivate new donor opportunities.