- Location: Holborn, London
- Type of role: Fixed term for 6 months
- Salary: starting salary is £25,851
- Closing date: Monday, 11 September, 2017 - 10:00
We always ensure we deliver high quality support for patients, and your role is key to allowing us to maintain and grow our services in line with patient needs. Working directly with patients, carers and healthcare professionals, together we will develop the support we provide so we can improve the experience of anyone affected by blood cancer.
You’ll enjoy talking to people over the phone and online, and be very skilled at it. Your written communication skills will also be impeccable. You’ll be the “face” of our Blood Cancer Support Service and own the user experience, keeping the people needing our service at the heart of everything we do.
Interacting with a range of people, from a patient going through treatment, colleagues, senior management to healthcare professionals and cancer researchers, won’t faze you. In fact you’ll relish the variety of people you encounter, bringing your warmth and personality to every situation.
We’re looking for someone who has the energy, enthusiasm and motivation to help shape our service and play a key role in our Patient Experience team.
Some of the key skills and experiences you will need in this role:
- Experience of working within a challenging environment with people who need practical and emotional support over the phone, and have an understanding of key skills required for effective call handling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrable ability to communicate face to face, over the phone, and online with people at all levels, including patients, carers and medical professionals
- Experience using social media communication and other online platforms
- A warm and compassionate approach and an excellent telephone manner