- Location: Holborn, London
- Type of role: Fixed term for 6 months
- Salary: starting salary is £25,851 per
- Closing date: Saturday, 16 September, 2017 - 23:59
In November 2016, Bloodwise started a three year project to improve to lives of those living with and beyond blood cancer. The first year involved understanding the needs and current practice of blood cancer patients, carers and health professionals. The next year is crucial to develop, implement and evaluate an evidence-based solution designed to help patients take control of their own health and wellbeing, in order to improve patient experience and clinical outcomes.
As the Research Policy Officer, you will help deliver effective insight and analysis to help the organisation ensure that work is grounded and informed by the experience of blood cancer patients and carers, health care professionals, and by relevant issues in health policy.
You will work with the Research Policy Manager to deliver on an exciting project to improve the lives of those living with and beyond blood cancer, including conducting literature searches, liaising with important stakeholders, report writing, analysing data and providing creative and/or technical expertise to create an online resource for patients.
Some of the key skills and experiences you will need in this role:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Awareness of appropriate evidence sources and research methods in health and social care
- Computer literate with the ability to adapt to a range of online systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and present findings and recommendations to a range of audiences