- Location: Holborn, London
- Type of role: Permanent
- Salary: Starting salary for this role is £33,484
- Closing date: Saturday, 16 September, 2017 - 23:59
Sports Events have long played a pivotal role in Bloodwise’s success with income peaking at over £4million in 2014. Our portfolio of events covers a wide range of sports from triathlons to marathons and skydives to mountain climbing.
We have been the title sponsor and official charity of the Blenheim Palace Triathlon for the past 4 years, official charity of the Prudential Ride London 100, Birmingham Marathon and Velothon Wales. We also run several of our own bespoke events; London and Birmingham Bikeathons and London to Paris - cycling alone accounts for over £1million in income and over 1500 participants.
You will take a lead on our blue chip events including London/Birmingham Bikeathon, Blenheim Palace Triathlon, Great North, Ride London and the London Marathon. You will ensure that all events are optimised to achieve the best results for Bloodwise, exercising excellent organisation, leadership and innovation.
You’ll have to develop and implement an annual budget for our sports events portfolio with support from the Head of Sports. As one of the Sports Events Managers you’ll need to work collaboratively with members of the leadership team to create a challenging but achievable strategy for the team.
Some of the key skills and experiences you will need in this role:
- Mass participation event experience (e.g. in excess of 1000 participants), preferably including Great North, Ride London and London Marathon.
- Experience of compiling risk assessments and associated documentation for event organising
- Full, clean driving licence
- Experience of using fundraising databases