Cyclone Festival of Cycling
Ride in the Cyclone for Bloodwise and help beat blood cancer
Cyclone Festival of Cycling is a fun and accessible weekend of cycling fit for a wide range of abilities. Held for the 11th time, the event is designed to be suitable for both competitive, professional riders and non-competitive cyclists alike. Bloodwise supporters have the choice of two different cycling challenges.
The Tyne Six Bridges family ride (Friday 29 June)
This family-friendly ride starts and finishes at Ouseburn and heads along the north and south banks of the Tyne. Participants can choose between 10-5-mile and a 15.5-mile routes.
The Virgin Money Cycling Challenge (Saturday 30 June)
The Virgin Money Cycling Challenge comprises four rides which measure 34, 64, 90 and 106 miles respectively. All four routes start and finish at Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club and head into the Northumbrian countryside along country roads, avoiding city traffic.
Each rider will be timed by electronic chip timing and split times will be calculated along the route.
- £34 each
- £17 for cyclists aged under 16 (under-16s can enter the 34-mile or 64-mile route)
How to get a place in Cyclone Festival of Cycling
Simply sign up on the Cyclone website and select Bloodwise as your chosen charity.
Why cycle for Bloodwise?
- Raise money for vital blood cancer research and support for patients and their families
- Fundraising support from our experienced local fundraising team
- Drinks stations positioned along the route
- Raise £200 and we’ll send you a high-spec cycling top
- Raise £400 and we’ll send you high-spec bib shorts