Essex Dragon Boat World Cup
Compete in a colourful rowing tournament on the River Chelmer and help beat blood cancer
Join us on the River Chelmer for a vibrant and colourful day of boating to help fund blood cancer research. The Dragon Boat World Cup will see 32 teams compete three races each. The fastest six teams will progress through to the semi finals for a chance to make the grand final.
The tournament is themed around the 2018 World Cup and each team will adopt a competing country to inform their fancy dress on the day. There will be an auction and draw in May to decide the allocation of countries.
The event is open to teams of families and friends as well as corporate teams. The event is organised by the Tim Reeve Charitable Trust, an Essex-based charity which has raised over £500,000 to date to help young people with blood cancer.
How to get a place in the Essex Dragon Boat World Cup
- Teams must consist of 11 members (ten rowers and one drummer)
- There is a £400 entry fee per team
- Teams must download an entry form and send it to John Reeve along with the entry fee payable by cheque
- Teams will be asked to fundraise for Bloodwise
Why take part in the Essex Dragon Boat World Cup?
- Brilliant teambuilding opportunity
- Media, PR and advertising opportunities
- Help fund vital blood cancer research and support for patients and their families
- Live music, entertainment and activities suitable for all the family
- Fun and inclusive event managed by Gable Events, the UK’s leading dragon boat racing organisers