Leicester Dragon Boat Race
(£500.00 minimum sponsorship)
Take part in the Leicester Dragon Boat Race for Bloodwise and help beat blood cancer
Join us on the River Soar for a colourful day of boating and family-friendly entertainment. Dragon boat racing is an ancient Chinese tradition and the UK's fastest growing water activity. Teams of family members, friends or colleagues are welcome to enter to take part in the 200-metre race. No experienced is required – you just need plenty of team spirit!
Each team will compete in a minimum of three races. There will be trophies up for grabs for the winning team as well as second and third place. We'll also give out prizes for the team which raises the most for Bloodwise; best individual fundraiser; and the team in best fancy dress.
How to enter, fees and minimum fundraising target
- Teams must comprise eleven members (ten paddlers and one drummer)
- To secure your team's place, you must pay a deposit of £50.00
- An entry fee of £400.00 per team must be paid by 1 April 2018
- We ask each team to commit to a minimum fundraising target of £500.00. This will go towards funding vital blood cancer research and support for patients and their families
- Places are limited and are offered to fully paid teams on a first come, first served basis
The Bloodwise Leicester Dragon Boat Race offers great PR opportunities for corporate teams. Find out more about our three different sponsorship packages.
Why take part in the Leicester Dragon Boat Race for Bloodwise?
- Large-scale, fun event run by Gable Events, the UK's leading dragon boat race organisers
- Fundraising support from our experienced team
- Qualified helms, buoyancy aids and water safety cover all provided
- Great media and PR opportunities for corporate teams
- Held in Castle Gardens on the grounds of Leicester Castle
- This event is part of the Leicester Riverside Festival, a free festival featuring lots of family entertainment which runs from 2 to 3 June 2018
- To discuss this event with Emma Jane Jones, Bloodwise regional Manager – Midlands, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 415 8017
- Read about the blood cancer research we're funding in Leicester and the rest of the Midlands
- Read the event terms and conditions
The event images on this page are provided by Gable Events.