(£4,538.00 minimum sponsorship)
Summit the world’s highest freestanding mountain for Bloodwise and help beat blood cancer
Kilimanjaro Trek is an 11-day challenge which sees adventurous types summit the 5,896 metres of the world’s highest freestanding mountain. Participants will trek through unspoilt wilderness and five different ecosystems and pass huge natural glaciers before scaling the mountain to reach the snow-capped summit.
For a challenge of this scale, you need a team behind you. That's why you should trek for Bloodwise. We'll be with you every step of the way, just like we are for all of our ambassadors and supporters.
This challenge takes the less-trodden Machame route which approaches the mountain from the south. The route has been designed to allow trekkers to acclimatise to the altitude gradually. Participants will camp out at night, which provides the opportunity to fully appreciate the splendour of the surroundings and the clear night skies. Once rested, trekkers will pass through dense rainforest and scree enroute to the mountain’s highest point, Uhuru Peak.
This challenge is difficult and participants do need to be fit and healthy. You don't necessarily need previous trek experience but you do need to be prepared for lots of intense activity. Experienced leaders and medics will be on hand for the duration of the challenge.
- 18 to 28 June 2020
- Return flights between the UK and Arusha, Tanzania
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha on night before and after the trek
- Airport and hotel transfers
- All food and drink
- Fully trained leaders and medics in attendance throughout the trip
How to register, fees and minimum fundraising target
To register, simply sign up on the Global Adventures site and select Bloodwise as your selected charity.
|Registration fee*||Remaining cost of trip||Fundraising target|
|Self-payment option||£399||£2269***||As much as you can|
* The registration fee of £399 is payable directly to event organisers Global Adventure Challenges. If you would like to pay this fee in two instalments of £199.50 which are 30 days apart please use the code INSTALL2.
** To guarantee your place on the trek, we ask that you have raised £3,631 by Tuesday 9 April 2020.
*** Due to paid 10 weeks before departure (9th April 2020)
Please note, there is an additional £250 airport tax and fuel surcharge contribution to pay 10 weeks before your challenge.
Why take on the Kilimanjaro Trek for Bloodwise?
- Get your hands on a high-spec challenge T-shirt
- Training plans and tips to help you prepare
- Fundraising support from our experienced sports team
Got some questions before you book? We've got all the tools you need to help you smash this challenge.
Call Becky on 0207 504 2296 or email email@example.com.