Trek the Canyons
(£3,750.00 minimum sponsorship)
Trek the Grand Canyon for Bloodwise and help beat blood cancer
Trek the Canyons is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience one of North America's most famous landmarks, the Grand Canyon, and help fund vital blood cancer research.
The five-day excursion begins with a trek through Sedona to get trekkers acclimatised before the descent into the Grand Canyon. The intineary also includes treks through several famous national parks and mountain trails, each offering distinct terrains and panoramic views. The trip concludes with a visit to the bright lights of Las Vegas.
- Day 1: Fly from UK to Phoenix, USA
- Day 2: Acclimatisation trek at Oak Creek, Sedona (distance approx. 10k)
- Day 3: Trek the Bright Angel Trail (distance approx. 16-18k)
- Day 4: Trek the South Kalibab Trail (distance approx. 7-9k)
- Day 5: Trek the Bryce Canyon National Park (distance approx. 10k)
- Day 6: Trek the Zion National Park (distance approx. 16-18k)
- Day 7: Fly to the UK (arriving the next day)
- 15-22 September 2018
- 11-18 May 2019
- 14-21 September 2019
- 19-27 October 2019
This trek is challenging. You don't necessarily need previous trek experience but you do need to be fit and prepared for five days of intense activity. Expert guides will be on hand to help each trekker for the duration of the route.
Flights between UK and USA
Accommodation at hotels and campsites
Assistance from experienced trek guides
All food and drink included
How to join Team Bloodwise
Simply sign up on the Global Adventure Challenges site and select Bloodwise as your chosen charity. There is a £449 entry fee payable to Global Adventure Challenges. We ask each of our supporters to raise a minimum of £3,750 towards vital blood cancer research.
Why trek the canyons for Bloodwise?
- Get your hands on a high-spec challenge T-shirt
- Training plans and tips to help you prepare
- Fundraising support from our experienced sports team
- Fantastic support and hospitality provided by the event organisers Global Adventure Challenges