- Location: Holborn, London
- Type of role: Full time, 4-month fixed-term contract
- Salary: Circa £50k (or equivalent day rate)
- Closing date: Thursday, 20 September, 2018 - 10:00
As Interim Head of Sports Events, you will lead, manage and support the team to deliver income targets for 2018 and set up to achieve or exceed targets in 2019. You will also have the opportunity to lead and support the team through the implementation of the results of the current review of Sports Events.
Position in the organisation
The Sports Events team sits within the Public Fundraising & Individual Giving Division of Fundraising & Marketing along with Regional Relationships, Supporter Relations & Individual Giving & Legacies.
The Sports Events team is responsible for events fundraising; recruiting people and organisations to raise money for Bloodwise through taking part in a sporting event and supporting and inspiring those people once recruited and building a relationship with them to retain their support for Bloodwise. The programme is varied encompassing a challenge events, cycling, running & triathlon programme. In 2018 the team is responsible for gross income of approximately £2 million.
Purpose of role
• Lead, manage and support the team to deliver net income targets for 2018 and set up to achieve or exceed targets in 2019
• Lead and support the team through the implementation of the results of the current review of Sports Events
• To contribute to the overall strategy for the Public Fundraising & Individual Giving Division and work collaboratively across the Fundraising & Marketing department