Choir of St Mary's Wimbledon performs Brahms in a 17th-century church
As part of the Brandenburg Choral Festival of London 2018 spring series, Choir of St Mary's Wimbledon performs Requiem, Johannes Brahms' highly influential and longest composition. The choir are joined by pianist Andrew Lenon and instrumentalists of the Brandenburg Sinfonia. The musicians will also perform Lo, the Full Final Sacrifice by Gerald Finzi.
The concert takes place at St Katharine Cree, a church on the north side of Leadenhall Street in central London which was originally estabished in 1280. Bloodwise will receive 50% of ticket sales made by supporters.
St Katharine Cree, 86 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 3BP
- The Choir of St Mary's Wimbledon
- Andrew Lenon: piano and organ
- Instrumentalists of the Brandenburg Sinfonia
- Max Barley: conductor
Full programme details
- Lo, the Full Final Sacrifice by Gerald Finzi
- Ein Deutsches Requiem by Johannes Brahms (in an arrangement for chamber ensemble accompaniment by Iain Farrington)