Great North Run
Run for Bloodwise and be part of our team raising funds for research into the third biggest cancer killer
Take part in the biggest half marathon in the world and join 55,000 other runners on this renowned event. Starting in the centre of Newcastle, the 13.1 mile route will take you over the Tyne Bridge and through Gateshead to the coastal town of South Shields. From here, you can enjoy the view of the sea and the crowds as you near the finish line.
Every member of Team Bloodwise receives:
- a high-spec running top
- full training plans for all ability levels
- comprehensive fundraising support
- access to the ‘pasta party’ at the Race Expo to get yourself fuelled up for the run
- full support from our cheer squads to get you across the finish line
- access to a post-race reception for a chance to rest, enjoy some refreshments and relax.
You can get your hands on a guaranteed charity place with all the support that comes with it for only £20. All we ask in return is that you commit to raising £250 to beat blood cancer.
Public entry has not yet opened, but if you secure your own place through the official ballot, we’d still love to have you on our team and give you the right support to help you succeed.