Great North Run
(£250.00 minimum sponsorship)
Run for Bloodwise and be part of our team raising funds for research into the third biggest cancer killer
Take part in the biggest half marathon in the world and join 55,000 other runners on this renowned event.
Starting in the centre of Newcastle, the 13.1 mile route will take you over the Tyne Bridge and through Gateshead to the coastal town of South Shields. From here, you can enjoy the view of the sea and the crowds as you near the finish line.
How to run the Great North Run for Bloodwise
If you have been lucky enough to get your own place for the Great North Run we'd love it if you joined our unstoppable team.
And if you haven't secured a place, then don't worry, as we have charity places available.
Our entry fee is just £20 and we ask that you commit to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship.
Why run for Bloodwise?
- Get your hands on a free high-spec running top
- Full training plans for all ability levels
- Comprehensive fundraising support
- Access to the ‘pasta party’ at the Race Expo to get yourself fuelled up for the run
- Full support from our cheer squads to get you across the finish line
- Access to a post-race reception for a chance to rest, enjoy some refreshments and relax
Last year's highlights
Watch some of the best bits from last year’s Great North Run, which was the biggest ever.