Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Based in Holborn, London
1x permanent position and 1x 18 month Fixed term position
Starting salary £33,484 per annum
At Bloodwise, we’re driven by our vision to beat blood cancer, and we’re passionate about supporting patients and delivering the best information and support. We put the patient at the heart of all that we do.
We want someone who finds what we do exciting – both as a team and as an organisation. Working here has to be something you look forward to.
Our kind of Business Development Manager
Your job is to help us stop people dying from blood cancer, improve patients’ quality of life and stop people getting a blood cancer in the first place.
As a part of our Partnerships & Philanthropy team you role will be to identify, engage and cultivate new, high value strategic corporate partnerships for Bloodwise, identifying meaningful synergies with companies from across industry sectors in the UK. You will love the thrill of pitching and winning new business – establishing a healthy new business pipeline, developing powerful propositions and ultimately securing innovative sector-leading partnerships. You will play a key role in identifying the potential that our extensive portfolio of research, clinical trials and patient benefit activities represent, and turning them into creative and compelling fundable opportunities.
To do this, you will need to be a creative and experienced Corporate fundraiser who can work strategically across the whole charity. We are looking for someone who has the focus, determination and knowledge to play a key role within the fundraising team. You will be confident and engaging with personal presence and a willingness to get to grips with and understand the wider environment and context within which Bloodwise operates.
Skills and experiences
- Is committed to our vision, mission and belief
- Has demonstrable track record of wining and developing high value corporate partnerships
- Will relish networking, proactively creating relationships from scratch and have a natural ability to build rapport
- Will have experience of working with and influencing people at all levels
- Has a good understanding of current trends in Corporate fundraising and Philanthropy and charity law relating to these areas
- Will have a flair for spotting and creating opportunities, developing winning propositions, proposals and pitch materials
- Is able to work well under pressure and be solutions focused
- Works well both within a team and by themselves with the ability to self-motivate
- Has experience of alongside a Marketing and Communications team
If this sounds like you please submit your CV and covering letter explaining:
- Why you want to make the move into Business Development in the not for profit sector?
- Your experiences in developing relationships with current and new businesses?