Bloodwise Advanced Communication Masterclass 2020: Supporting haemato-oncology practice
Registration for this event has now closed.
Bloodwise offers education and networking opportunities to share best practice in all aspects of blood cancer for healthcare professionals working in haemato-oncology.
This year’s programme
An interactive one-day training day on Friday 7 February 2020 aimed at healthcare professionals working in haemato-oncology wishing to improve vital communication skills with colleagues within the multi-disciplinary team as well as blood cancer patients and their support network.
This day is for you if you are:
- A CNS, ANP, senior nurse, allied health and social care professional (Band 6 and above) or clinician working in haemato-oncology
- Willing to engage and interact with your colleagues to improve care
The aims of the event are to:
- Increase awareness of the importance of excellent communication skills and the common communication barriers healthcare professionals face
- Practice skills to improve the quality of clinical communication around treatment decisions, particularly palliative and end of life care and psychological wellbeing
- Increase confidence in managing difficult conversations with patients and carers
- Build on influencing and assertiveness skills to enhance communication between colleagues and teams, such as discussing stopping treatment/death and dying, challenging colleagues and advocating for patients in a multidisciplinary team.
- Practice and incorporate self-care techniques to care for yourself and blood cancer patients
There will be opportunity for healthcare professionals to:
- Gain insight from expert speakers
- Share their own experiences and expertise with peers
- Develop practical solutions to take back to your workplace.
Registration is now closed.
If you have any queries about the Masterclass, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0207 269 9015.
Testimonials from our last Masterclass (March 2019)
“I’ve been a haematology clinical nurse specialist (CNS) for over 20 years and really enjoyed it – this makes me want to continue to practice.”
“I thought the day was organised well and the topics involved were relevant to my nursing role.”
“I found the practical sessions very helpful – it gave a demonstration on how good communication and assertiveness would look like in context.”
“What I liked most about the study day was the diversity of teaching, lectures and the interactivity.”
“What I liked most about the day was the organisation and making us feel worthy, providing tools to improve and ensure better patient care and experience.”
Terms and Conditions
- This study day will require a £25 booking fee per person, which will include refreshments throughout the day and lunch. We will not be able to offer any refunds.
- If your workplace is paying for you to attend, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling 0207 269 9015 and we can arrange a receipt to be sent.
- The conditions are crucial for us as a charity as we incur venue and catering costs on behalf of all our delegates. Taking payment before the event means we do not need to cover any costs of delegates who do not show to the event.
- Please note that unfortunately, there are not any funded places available for this course.
The following companies have generously provided funding for this event:
This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation and equates to 7 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The RCN cannot confirm competence of any practitioner completing this course. Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product.